"Marvelous are the ways of God, no one has the right to ask why in this way not other ways "(Fr. Gregory)"
The Congregation of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart had its foundation in 1861 April 21 at Gemona del Friuli, in the Province of Udine in North Italy. The Original Inspiration for a foundation was given to a noble French woman Laura Leroux, the Duchess of Baufremont and it was realized and nurtured by Rev. Fr. Gregory Fiorovanti of Grotte di Castro, a humble Franciscan Minor. The Congregation is of Pontifical rank and is affiliated to the great family of the Franciscan Friars Minor. The Charism of the Foundation is Contemplation of the Pierced Heart of the Crucified Jesus and draws from it the profound benevolence, Redemptive Love and Apostolic zeal for the Humanity. The Charism is expressed through education to the poor girls and charitable assistance to the most needy and direct evangelization.
Today the Congregation is spread over 25 countries in the world in 5 continents. Holy family Province is a branch of this great family planted in the soil of India in 1976, January 25th at Machilipatnam in Andhra Pradesh. At present the sisters witness Christ with their presence and service in 6 states of the country by reaching out to the poor and marginalized through Schools, Hostels, Hospitals, Home for the aged and destitute women, upliftment of the village women, giving means and moral support to street children, Prison ministry, Youth ministry and direct proclamation of the Gospel.